Two-way radios play a more important role in industry, event management and emergency services applications than most people realize.
Two-way radios are available in mobile, stationary base and hand-heldportable configurations. These are half-duplex devices and are usually equipped with a push-to-talk button. Repeaters may be used to extend the range between radio units.
Trunked radio, a specialized repeater system, may be implemented to allow a large number of users to share a relatively small number of frequencies. One or more towers could be installed to support a trunked radio deployment.
Points to keep in mind:
- Radio communications are not private, so don’t share confidential information
- Keep messages short and ensure clear understanding of your communication
- Repeat important messages back to avoid misunderstanding
- Keep your radio powered off and charging when not in use
- Industry Canada requires two-way radio frequencies to be licensed
VHF or UHF
Selecting the correct frequency type for the intended use of your two-way radios is very important.
- VHF radios have a longer wavelength and are mostly suitable for outdoor use in open areas.
- UHF radios are suitable for indoor and mixed use. UHF, with its short wavelength is effective within metal and concrete sites, or heavily wooded outdoor areas.
Download a complete copy of our FREE Business Technology Hints & Tips when you opt in here to our mailing list.www.nutecelectrotel.com
We respect your email privacy and you may opt out at any time.