What does Unified Communications mean to you?
UCaaS is short for Unified Communications as a Service. It blends internet-based phone and messaging into a full-featured communications platform. Companies adopt UCaaS to provide staff with collaboration tools to work anywhere. UCaaS solutions function across a user’s computer, desk phone, and smartphone.
Gartner describes Unified communications as a service (UCaaS):
UCaaS is a cloud-delivered unified communications model that supports six communications functions:
- Enterprise telephony
- Meetings (audio/video/web conferencing)
- Unified messaging
- Instant messaging and presence (personal and team)
- Communications-enabled business processes
UCaaS infrastructure is owned, operated, maintained and delivered by the provider. Typical characteristics include multitenancy (including tenant partitions residing on shared UC infrastructure, such as data centers, racks, compute, network, common equipment and blades) and self-service web portals for provisioning, management and performance/usage reporting. The provider delivers applications from a common platform and licenses the service for a monthly, recurring, subscription charge.
As part of the process, it will be important the design your call flow requirements.
Factors to consider:
- What should happen when someone calls my main toll-free number?
- Do they get a message?
- A human receptionist directing their call?
- How do I minimize call transfers before an issue is resolved?
- What will help make a sale in one phone call?
- How can my call center experience create a customer for life?
Please contact us now to explore suitable options for your business. Also, please ask us about a complimentary analysis of your network quality to determine suitability for VoIP.